I'm not entirely sure I did the grafting/kitchener stitch entirely correctly, but to the best of my knowledge it should be ok because I followed the directions on the Socks 101 (link on my sidebar) site. My worry is that it will come undone because I didn't tie it off and weave it in all that good; but I guess only time will tell.
The one on the left is the one I just finished tonight, and the one on the right is the first one - with all the mistakes in it. It looks 'odd', but it's just because of the way it is laying (it really does look like a sock).
This pair I won't be wearing (unfortunately) because of the first sock being done wrong and you can really tell when I put it on. The seams that were tight the way I did it, appear loose when I put the sock on and you can see that that is where the seam is. Also I did the first row wrong on the heel since I should have done it opposite to what I did because of the way I was knitting it, so that shows as purling instead of knitting. There are a couple other mistakes, though not as noticeable. However, they are my first pair...I guess you could say my tester pair that I will hold on to and 'compare' other socks to so that I can see improvement...or at least I hope I will see improvement!!
For this pair, I used Patons Sox yarn (acrylic/nylon mix) and 3.25 mm DPN's and followed the pattern that was on the wrapper of the yarn.
So, the next pair will be the blue ones (solid this time and not two colour stripes like this pair) for my nephew. I'm going to cast on tonight and get a few rows done to get a start on them. I am thinking they won't take as long since they are only toddler size and won't be as big as an adult pair. I'm psyched; I can't wait to get those ones done now! Will post a pic of them when I get them completed.