Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Candy Wrapper Scarf

Well, last weekend I promised to post the pattern I used for my ISE4 pal's scarf. Finally, I remembered to do it! I call it the Candy Wrapper Cable Scarf because when I looked at two sections of the cable and the knitting between, it reminded me of a candy wrapped up in its foil wrapper. I know the pictures aren't all that good, but it does look cute, and it's a very easy pattern to follow.
If you would rather have the Word document of the pattern, just email me (on my profile) and let me know and I'll email it to you.
Candy Wrapper Cable Scarf
By
Shelley Snyder

* Cable pattern taken from Knitting Stitches by Mary Webb, Medium Stitch 13, page 183

Glossary of terms

K = knit
P = purl
K2tog = knit 2 together
Yo = yarn over
Sl = slip
Ssk = slip slip knit

C6f = slip 2 stitches on cable needle and hold at front; knit 4; knit 2 stitches from needle
C8f = slip 2 stitches on cable needle and hold at front; knit 6; knit 2 stitches from needle

Directions

Cast on 40 stitches

Knit 4 rows (garter stitch)

Row 1 – k2, k2tog, yo, p2, k8, p2, k8, p2, k8, p2, yo, ssk, k2

Row 2 – k2, p2, k2, p8, k2, p8, k2, p8, k2, p2, k2

Row 3, 5, 7 – same as row 1

Row 4, 6, 8 – same as row 2

Row 9 – k2, k2tog, yo, p2, k2, c6f, p2, k2, c6f, p2, k2, c6f, p2, yo, ssk, k2

Row 10, 12 – same as row 2

Row 11 – same as row 1

Row 13 – k2, k2tog, yo, p2, c8f, p2, c8f, p2, c8f, p2, yo, ssk, k2

Row 14, 16 – same as row 2

Row 15 – same as row 1

Row 17 – k2, k2tog, yo, p2, c6f, k2, p2, c6f, k2, p2, c6f, k2, p2, yo, ssk, k2

Row 18 , 20, 22, 24 – same as row 2

Row 19, 21, 23 – same as row 1

Repeat rows 1 to 24 until you reach the desired length of your scarf

End with 4 rows of knit (garter stitch)


Close up of cable pattern:

5 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Cool, we'll I've never written a pattern before, but I'm totally tempted to try!

Pooch said...

Beautiful scarf, Shelley! The colors are wonderful! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

:)

HDW said...

Love it!!! I never id decide whether my scarf ws really "my scarf" Your is beautiful!!!!

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Thanks for the pattern!

I'm trying to catch up on your blogs. I've missed you!!! : )

Tina in Wonderland said...

That is a cool looking scarf!! Great job on the pattern!!