Pages

Monday, January 09, 2006

Adventures In Sockland

Well, the progress is coming along on my first ever sock. I have come to the section where I must decrease stitches in the gusset area (I think that is the area). So far I have made a few mistakes, but I figure it's par for the course...especially for a beginner sock knitter like myself.

I am enjoying my adventure in Sockland so far, mistakes and all, and I can see how they can become addicting! I am doing a pattern that calls for stripes (I'm going totally girly and using purple and pink for my colours, which is looking nice if I do say so myself). I don't know if that was a wise thing to do for my first try or not - maybe I should have stuck to a solid colour to start off with. Oh well, regardless, it is to late to change now!

Will post more, and probably a picture, when I finish the sock. Until then, happy stitching!

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Can't wait to see the picture - isn't it fun!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Lynda, it sure is! Also, I have added a link to your site on my sidebar. Hope you don't mind.

StarKnits said...

oh my first few socks sucked! but now they're much better. i actually like doing my socks toe up with a short row heel and toe.. much easier if you ask me...
have a good time i can't wait to see a pix

elizabeth said...

I love knitting socks! I'm bad about wearing the first sock while knitting on the 2nd one and then I get teased by my husband. :)

By the way, thanks for the crochet suggestion you left on my blog. Since discovering knitting I tend to look there first and haven't done any crochet in a long time. I think this just might be the time to do it again!