Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stamping Blog Candy

What a great contest going on over at Passion For Crafts. Check it out! I sure wouldn't mind winning!

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Look...An Actual Post!

Hi! How've you all been? I'm finally here to make a post on this lonely ol' blog. I have a couple of pictures of the scarf I made my Ravelry Scarf Exchange Pal, as well as two cards I made this afternoon.

First up is the scarf I made for my RSE pal. I sent this to her in early April and she received it. Unfortunately I was so busy I didn't get a chance to post a picture of it until now. I used Patons Silk-Bamboo yarn (I think that's what it's called. I forgot to save the band, but it is made with silk and bamboo). The pattern I used was the Diagonal Lace Scarf. It was so easy to make and had I been able to sit for longer periods of time to work on it, it wouldn't have taken me so long to make. I highly recommend this pattern. It can be made with any weight yarn, too.

Next up is the first of two cards I made this afternoon. It's just a simple card, but I think it looks OK.

I don't know what brand my papers are; they are just ones I have bought here and there. I know a lot of card makers can tell you what kind of paper they used (or colour name) because they buy theirs from companys such as Stampin' Up. I haven't bought any from there yet, but they sure have some gorgeous colours and patterns available!

I used two stamps. The hummingbird is one I've had for awhile. I believe I bought it from Michael's. The quote is from a the Refuge and Strength set from Stampin' Up. I got this set last month when Jodi became a rep.

The second card is, again, made with random pieces I have. I decided to experiment with the colours to see how they'd look. I know black and yellow go together, but I didn't know how it would look on a card. The image is from the set I won awhile back, and the quote is from the Refuge and Strength Stampin' Up set. On the inside, I stamped a flower pot with some tulips and coloured them in.
The black looked plain to me, so I thought I'd glue some little yellow buttons on. Unfortunately, they are brighter than the paper I used, so I don't know if they look OK or not. But, since this was a practice card (more than anything), I can use it as a reference and next time try to find buttons or something a little closer to the colour of paper I use.
Well, going to head off now. I still have a table full of card making supplies and stamps to clean up, and it's time for supper as well.
I hope it won't be too long before I post again!