Ok, as promised, pics of my WIP's that I mentioned in the previous post. I had tried to make a post this afternoon, but blogger wasn't co-operating and taking forever to post the pics.
To start off, I thought I would post a group shot, followed by individual pictures.
You can see the feather and fan sock to the left, the sock with the Knit Picks yarn in the middle, and beside that is the left front side of the Let's Party Cardi with the right side completed on, as it turns out, the right side.
Look at that red...too bad this wasn't all done last month when the colours for Project Spectrum included reds. Oh well, better late than never right? And at least I was working on them during the month of march. Other than the yellow baby blanket from one of my previous posts, I don't have anything yellow to work on.
And here you can see the feather and fan sock and how much yarn I have left. It looks like there will be enough to finish the sock, but I am still scared that looks are deceiving...I don't think I am too far off from the decrease for the toe area, so hopefully it will all work out in the end...
And here we have the sock that I am doing with the Knit Picks yarn. The pattern is from the Vintage Sock Patterns book, and is just one of the ribbed ones so far. I didn't know if this yarn would look good with some of the "fancier" patterns, so I chose something a little more simplistic. Also, I hadn't read the book very much at the time of deciding what pattern to use, and I assumed that the children's socks were for children so I was holding off trying the pattern for now...turns out she made them sized for ladies feet! Woo Hoo! However, I like this pattern too and it's easy. The heel flap and the turning are different from what I've done so far, so I learned something new with this pattern as well. Not sure if I really enjoy this one though (I'll give more details on which one when I get them finished...I'll need something to post with the pic!), but can decide after I at least make the second sock for the pair.
And lastly, we come to the cardigan. Ok, well blogger for some reason will not let me post the fourth picture...so, you'll have to wait or scroll back up to see it again. As I said, I finished the right front (I messed up and did the decreased on the wrong side so I ended up doing the right side instead of the left that I was attempting to do. So, I have the right side completed and some done on the left side. I hope I don't mess this little cardigan up; I would really like some little girl to have some enjoyment with such a fun little sweater. I can't wait to get it done and see the outcome of it.
I've also, as like a lot of other knitters, have more plans of what I want to attempt when I'm done my current WIP's. Sheesh, so many patterns, so little time (and money to buy the yarn for the projects)...
Anyway, happy knitting!