Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Thank You All

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers with regard to my friend Kate. Yes, she was young, 25 I think (my mind is drawing a blank on this at the moment though), and she would have graduated with me in 3 weeks.

On the knitting front, I have finished the right front section of the Let's Party Cardi, and have a couple of inches done on the left side of it. I have also worked on my feather and fan socks, and am at the part just after the decreasing for the gusset. I've also been working on another pair of socks with my Knit Picks Parade yarn. This sock is from the Vintage Socks book I got recently (see post further down).

The feather and fan sock is looking good. I don't know why it is taking me so long to make it because it is easy, and a nice pattern. I just seem to hold off working on it. Well, the other day I picked it up to work on it some more and was horrified to come to a part in the yarn that had been tied together!!! A KNOT in my yarn!! Sheesh...and its right at the side of the foot area. I hope it will not be bothersome. I'm also afraid that I might run out of yarn, but I'm hoping not. One other thing that worries me is that it might not fit. Sharon said it fits a small to medium foot, but I don't know what that means size-wise, and if it will be stretchy enough for me to wear. I take an 8 - 8 1/2 shoe (American size) but I don't know if that is considered medium or large...I really hope it is not large; I don't want large feet!

The Knit Picks sock is looking good so far too. I am liking the colours (it's self stripe) and the yarn. I can't wait to try the other Knit Picks yarn that I got. I'm trying to decide on a pattern for that yarn already.

I'm sorry I don't have any pics to post of my WIP's this time. Things have been a little crazy the last few days and I haven't gotten around to taking any. I'll try to get them done in the next day or two and post them for you to see.

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Shelley. Hang in there.

Sharon said...

Hi Shelley, I don't know what the corresponding size in US would be. I wear a 7 1/2 size shoe in Australia which is probably the most common size here (judging by how this size seems to sell out first) Maybe someone out there knows what that would be in a US size??

Anonymous said...

I had a knot in my sock yarn, too, and I was so angry! Especially because it was self patterning: a wide stripe of gray, a narrow stripe of orange, a wide stripe of grey, a narrow stripe of green. Just as I was getting to the next orange stripe, there's this knot, and then no color! They cut out the stripe! So of course I had to find another stripe of orange....

Anyway, if this happens to you, you should absolutely not leave the knot in (how uncomfortable!) but find some instructions for splicing... they say it doesn't work on washable wool, but it just takes longer...

Good luck, and my sympathy for your loss.

Tina in Wonderland said...

I also wear a size 8-1/2 shoe! I don't think we have 'BIG FEET', though, 'cause I believe I read somewhere that a size 7-1/2 to 8 is like the average. ;)