Pages

Saturday, April 01, 2006

April = Yellow & Orange

For all involved in Project Spectrum, the month of April is dedicated to the colours of yellow and orange. I thought I would start off by showing some yellow:


These are some of our crocuses that have really come into bloom in the last few days. There are purple ones as well and a lighter shade of purple with darker purple edges too (they darker purple ones are my favs of course).

I think this month I will be working on the yellow baby blanket that I am crocheting. Not sure who it will go to, as there are three pregnant ladies at church. Or it might not go to any of them and I'll just go buy them something. Hard to say what I'll do. I guess it depends on when I get the blanket finished and if I think it looks good enough to give to one of them.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some yellow today in honor of Project Spectrum. Happy knitting!

7 comments:

Lynda said...

Such pretty crocuses - very Project Spectrum!

Thanks for your nice comments about my Rogue. (Actually, you always leave such nice comments and I really appreciate them! Everytime I try to write back I'm surprised that I don't have your email - we must fix that!)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Ah, isn't Spring lovely? I always look forward to the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Yellow and spring time, the perfect combination! Where's the picture of the baby blanket in progress :-)?

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

LOL...WK, I was just thinking that as I clicked to read the comments! I thought to myself, gee I didn't have any "real" knitting content on this post and I should get a pic of the baby blanket...and I never thought of it when I did up the post. I'll get a pic of it up soon, I promise!

Karen said...

Spring is my favorite time of year, but my sinuses hate it. Your crocus look wonderful, our daffodils are enjoying the spring rain we've been having. My daughter says "thank you" for the birthday wishes. They grow up entirely too fast.
Karen

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Gorgeous yellow flowers! Yellow is such a happy color - especially this time of year.

Have a wonderful week!

Shelly

Catherine Kerth said...

i love all the flowers psople are posting now-a-days! it was a very mild winter for us here in the south, but still look forward to spring :)