Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

The Ainsley Sock

Ok, here is my pattern for my November sock, which I have named The Ainsely. I have no idea, really, how to write up a pattern, but this is how I wrote it when I was working on it. If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Also, the top of the foot doesn't look as nice as the leg, but it's alright. I think I'll make another pair of these and try to adjust that part a bit. If I make any adjustments, I will let you know.

If you use this pattern, please give me the proper credit (link back to the pattern, etc.). You can make socks to give away, but please don't sell them...I would also appreciate if you could let me know when you post a picture of them, as I would love too see them - especially in other colours! I hope you enjoy the pattern, and remember, it's not perfect and it's my first ever attempt at creating a pattern.

The Ainsley Sock

Knitting Terms Used:

K = knit
P = purl
K2tog = knit 2 together
P2tog = purl 2 together
YO = yarn over
SSK = slip slip knit
SL = slip


Cast on 36 stitches and divide evenly on three needles (12 on each)

Cuff:

K1, P1 all around for 5 rows


Leg Pattern:

Row 1 – knit all the way around
Row 2 – K1, YO, K2tog, YO, K2tog, K2, SSK, YO, SSK, YO, K1 (repeat all the way around)
Row 3 – knit all the way around
Row 4 – K1, YO, K2tog, K1, YO, K2tog, YO, K2tog, K1, SSK, YO, K1

Repeat the above pattern for 28 rows

Row 29 – knit all the way around

Heel Flap:

Slide 3 stitches from the end of needle 1 onto needle 2; slide 3 stitches from the beginning of needle 3 onto needle 2 (needle 1: 9 stitches; needle 2: 18 stitches; needle 3: 9 stitches). Knit stitches from needle 1 onto needle 3.

Row 1 – K1, P16, K1
Row 2 – SL 1, K1 across

Repeat the above for 11 rows, ending with a K1, P16, K1 row

Heel:

1. K11, K2tog, K1, turn
2. P6, P2tog, P1, turn
3. K7, K2tog, K1, turn
4. P8, P2tog, P1, turn
5. K9, K2tog, K1, turn
6. P10, P2tog, P1, turn
7. Knit across

Gusset:

- Pick up and knit 8 stitches from side
- Knit across needle 2 with the following pattern:
K1, YO, K2tog, YO, K2tog, K2, SSK, YO, K3, YO, K2tog, SSK, YO, K2
- Pick up and knit 8 stitches from side and knit 6 stitches from needle 1 (14, 18,14)

Row 1:
Needle 1 - Knit to the last 3, K2tog, K1
Needle 2 – K across using foot pattern below
Needle 3 – K1, SL 1, K1, PSSO, knit to end

Foot Pattern: (Round 1 of a four round section)
K1, YO, K2tog, YO, K2tog, K2, YO, K2tog, SSK, YO, K 2, SSK, YO, SSK, YO, K1

(Round 3 of a four round section):
K1, YO, K2tog, YO, K2tog, YO, K2tog, K2, SSK, YO, SSK, YO, K1, SSK, YO, SSK, YO, K1

Row 2:
Knit all around

Repeat the above 4 rows a total of 5 times, making sure needle 2 follows the pattern (9, 18, 9)

Foot:

Knit 20 rounds using the above foot pattern on needle 2

Toe Decrease:

Round 1

Needle 1: Knit to last 3, K2tog, K1
Needle 2: K1, SL1, K1, PSSO, knit to last 3; K2tog, K1
Needle 3: K1, SL1, K1, PSSO, knit to end

Round 2

Knit all the way around

- Repeat these two rows 5 times (4, 8, 4)

Graft toe closed

2 comments:

Tina in Wonderland said...

Thanks sooooo much for posting the pattern!! I can't wait to try it! On my next trip to town, I'm gonna pick up some yarn to use for these babies, hopefully in time to get my 'J' for January!!

Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping in!! I love your site also. I'll join your KAL just email me what I need. I have just learned how to put buttons on my site. Open a photo album not open to the public. Then copy the url site and paste it in wear you are asked for the info. My site calls it a typelist. I don't know what blogspot calls it. I hope that helps ...pass it along