|My Irish Mesh Cowl|
I didn't quite finish it on the trip, but had 99.9% of it done. I had to finish the binding (had some of it done in the car) at home Friday evening when I got back. I blocked the cowl on Saturday, and it was dry this morning. I'll be adding this item to the things I'm going to donate to charity.
The pattern I worked on for the trip is the Irish Mesh Cowl pattern. It is an easy knit, and looks so pretty! It called for 4.5 mm needles, but I didn't have any (bought some while in Edmonton though). I had hoped blocking would have made it a little wider and longer, but it didn't increase much.
I will definitely be knitting this pattern again. I have more yarn (Marion Foale 3 ply, 100% wool and gifted to my by my Alphabet Scarf Swap partner a month or so ago) like I used, which is actually darker than in the photo, and with the bigger needles, hopefully I'll get a different effect (wider, longer) with the lace part "popping" more. I am pretty satisfied with how this cowl turned out. It's the first one I've made and I'd say I had a good experience knitting a cowl for the first time.
I'm working on another scarf now - the pattern I bought in Edmonton - and will post about that next time. Until then, happy knitting!