Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

I Hit The Mother Load!

Ok, first off, for HDW I submit the following picture of my May socks. Yes, I know I am a day late with it, but I had a good reason for the hold up. Here they are:

These are children's size 2-4, knit on 2.75 mm (I think) DPNs, using Paton's Kroy (I forget the colourway) in a basic stocking stitch pattern. I've already added them to the bin I keep for stuff to put on the mitten tree at church at Christmas.

Ok...now on to the real fun - not that knitting socks isn't realy fun, but this next fun is a different kind of fun! You see, my awesome Secret Pal told me the other day that she sent out my final package. She had said I should receive it by today (Friday). I actually got the package the day before yesterday. It took a whopping 2 days to get to me - 2 days! Is Canada Post good or what!?
Ok...I just realized that the main picture I had taken with most of the loot did not get put onto the computer...so I'll make do with the onesI have. I will try to get that picture posted another time though.
Here you see the lovely Tinker Belle claiming things as her own. In this picture you see some fortune cookies (yummy), Jolly Rancher candy (also yummy), 2 sets of kniting needles (sizes 10mm and 5.5mm) one pair in teal, one in pink, some point protectors, a pretty shade of pink ink stamp for card making/scrapbooking, and a foam sheep to decorate (it's really cute). What you don't see is the beautiful card my SP sent...and that is because Miss Tinker Belle is laying on it! Also in the package were three kinds of beads (white ones, pink ones and goldish coloured ones), some other candy (chewy gum drop kind, Jolly Rancher Rocks, Hubba Bubba gum, two little snack cakes, a package of French Vanilla cappuccino mix), a little book of search a word puzzles, a small blank scrap book, some 3.00mm bamboo knitting needles, a key chain...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things. However, I do have some pictures of other items from the box!

This is a cute little angel ornament with a knitting charm. I have one like this that I got from one of the older ladies at church last year when I graduated. Instead of the knitting charm, though, it has one of those hats you wear for graduation.
Next up is a set of pretty stitch markers! I love these! She also sent a pair of adorable earrings and a heart shaped measuring tape! I was going to get another measuring tape so that I could keep one at home and take the other with me in my knitting bag so that I wouldn't forget to take it with me some time (it's been known to happen...). This one will go with me in my knitting bag for sure.
Next up, below, is a yarn guard which will come in handy and help keep the kitty from trying to attack it when I'm knitting. SP had packed several of the smaller items from the package in the yarn guard...very clever! I probably wouldn't have thought to do that.
Also in the box were 2 skeins of sock yarn (that is going to look great knit up into socks!), and 2 hanks (I think that's what you call them) of red yarn - 30% silk, 70% wool, 50 g/500 m. There is no ballband on the yarn, so I am assuming she may have spun (and maybe dyed) the yarn herself. Hopefully she will let us know in the comments about the yarn. Anyway, it is so soft and squishy and I have a strong feeling it might become a lace scarf...
The final picture I have is of a gorgeous little bag! It is pink and black, with a black lining, and I absolutely LOVE this! It is the perfect size to carry a sock project in progress. It looks hand made, and again I don't know if she made it or not. I do know she sews because she made that cute little dpn holder for me a little while back.

My Secret Pal has proved over and over again that she is absolutely AWESOME!! I love everything you have sent to me, SP. You have really outdone yourself and made my first experience with secret pal a fabulous one. Thank you so, so much!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! I am sooooo glad that you got it early!

I did not make the little pink bag, I wish I could take credit for it. I haven't had time to sew in a while (not since the DPN case).

The yarn is handspun, but not by me. I'm just learning how to do it. I bought it via someone who spins! It's nice to touch, eh!??

I'll reveal myself later on this month... I've got one last trick up my sleeve!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

One last trick eh...you've definately got my curiosity up!! Thanks again so much for everything - I love it all!

lbquilts said...

hi shelley,
i just found your blog...what a colorful layout! how did you do the red/flower heading/backgrnd? and the little kitten is adorable! i did borrow the world calendar from you...i've been looking for one for my blog:
www.heartofthehawkeyes.blogspot.com
please sign in on my world map!
my 1st sock was Opal and now i'm on #6pair!! must get back to baby sweaters and Preemie Project outfits! TTYL...
lbquilts@mchis.com

Charity said...

Woo Hoo - I am generally so disappointed by Canada Post, it's great to hear a positive report! :0) Very nice parcel!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

What a lot of nice goodies! I thought I might know who your secret pal was, but since she's just learning how to spin ... it's not who I thought it was. She's really a good one to have tho. Wonderful job on your packages! Happy knitting.

Annie said...

You are lucky to have such a good SP who sent you many amazing goodies.The angel ornament is also cute.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

You certainly did hit the mother load! : )