Remember the scarf I said I was working on...the lacy one that was working up quickly? Well, I got it done and blocked. It's the Kid Merino Cat's Paw Lace Scarf only I didn't use Kid Merino for it. I used Peruvian Pure Alpaca from Elann in the sangria colour.
When I ordered it, I thought the colour might be a little redder than it actually is (which is more of a reddish brown colour) because I wanted to make a scarf for a friend of mine from work because she is retiring in August. I know a scarf isn't really a summer item, but hey, this is Canada - we get winter up here!
Anyway, I don't know if I will give it to her now or not. I have some more of this yarn left, so what I might end up doing is taking it into work when I start (on May 7) and asking her what she thinks of the colour. If she likes it, then I'll gift her with the scarf. If not, then the scarf will go in the 25 Things For Charity tub I have and be put on the Mitten Tree at church at Christmas time.
Here's a closeup of one of the "cat prints". It doesn't really look like one to me, at least in this picture, but even if it doesn't look like a cat's paw, it looks kind of like a little flower so that will be acceptable.
Ok, as I said, I used alpaca (and boy was it soft!) yarn in the sangria colourway and size 6mm needles. It was a little slow going because the only size 6 I had (or at least that I could find) were plastic ones and the yarn didn't move too easily. It would have gone much better and quicker if I had bamboo or aluminum. I know I have 5.5mm and 6.6mm bamboo's, but I honestly don't know if I have 6.0mm in bamboo or not. At any rate, the scarf is done and blocked and overall I think the pattern turned out lovely (even if it doesn't quite look totally like cat paw prints to me...but that might be because of the way I had blocked it too).
I'm still working on my ISE4 pal's scarf. Now that school is done (with the exception of my TESL practicum which will be done next week), I will have a little more knitting time until I start back to work.
Oh, and I've started on the Secret Socks from the CD that my awesome Secret Pal 10 pal sent me not long ago! I'll show more of that when I get more done. I needed a break from studying the other night, so for about 1/2 an hour I worked on the sock for that...well maybe not quite 1/2 an hour...I got 8 rows done. This is a first for me (well, not only knitting a 'secret' pattern from a CD)...this sock is done on 2 needles! I was debating on trying to 'adjust' and use 4 dpns, but thought to myself, 'no, I am going to try some new things with my knitting this year so I am going to attempt to do it on 2 needles.'
Anyway, I think the pattern is from a podcast...at least that is what it sounds like so far...pretty cool! I have only listened to 3 podcasts (none of them from this lady because she has an accent, and the ones I've heard don't have any accents), but am thinking of downloading some for when I start to work. We are allowed to listen to the radio, CD player, etc. while working (data entry) so long as we have our earphones one. But, like I said, when I get further along in the sock, I'll post a pic of what it's looking like because right now it doesn't look like much of anything, lol.
So, now I must go and get caught up on reading some blogs and then do some knitting! Happy knitting to you!