Pages

Friday, November 03, 2006

A Contest and Not Much Else

Alisha is having a contest, and the cutoff is tomorrow (Saturday). Go check it out.

I've been doing some knitting, though can't show you the pictures yet. I'm working on a Christmas gifts for one of my friends and she reads this blog sometimes. If I post a pic, then she'll know what she's getting - so, no pics until after she gets the gift...hopefully I'll remember to post them LOL! The next item I'll be working on will be a Christmas gift for another friend who reads this blog too - so, no pic of that (or hint as to what it is) until after she gets it as well.

I've also started a pair of mittens for November's entry of my Knittin' Mittens KAL in a similar colourway as the pair in the previous post. This pair has more brown in it though, and not the rusty/reddy colour. I'll post the pic when they are done.

The KAL is still open for anyone interested in joining. Just send me an email or leave a comment on this blog or the mitten blog and I'll add your name. Also, if you'd be interested in donating a prize, that would be fabulous. The winner for this month was Mandy; her name was picked by Susan who donated the prize for October. Can't wait to see what Susan is sending her.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll get the mittens done this weekend and will post a pic...and maybe I'll do something else as well so that I'll have other pics to show.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Charity said...

That sounds like a fun KAL! That's the tricky thing about this time of year - so much of the knitting is top secret! Looking forward to the end of the year, when we can see all your hard work. :0)

Anonymous said...

Shelly - I saw your comment on my blog on the Alberta colorway socks. I checked - and there isn't a New Brunswick color! WHAT?

There are 10 "Canadian Fashion Colors." Columbia, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Alberta, Ontario, and Manitoba.

Sob.