Pages

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Time For A Change

Since it’s been some time that I have posted on my knitting blog (other than my post of the other day), I figure it’s time for a change in my blog design.  While I do like the background and the colours of my current design, and because it’s a new year and I’m hoping to get back into more knitting and blogging, I think I need to start off with a new blog design.

I’m not sure what I’ll go with – one of the myriad of free templates available, or if I’ll actually break down and pay a little for a really nice looking template.  So far, all of my templates (on this blog and my other ones) have been the free ones offered either on Blogger or some other site that has free designs.

Knitting Update:

I’ve done a little more work on my Diagonal Lace Scarf, but at some point in the pattern (not too far from the needles), I’ve managed to lose a couple of stitches – more than likely it is a couple of yarn-overs.  So, I now need to rip back a few rows until I get the right amount of stitches.

Hmmm…I just went and looked at the pattern I had printed out for this scarf, and I noticed that there are only 24 stitches.  Now that I think about it, I did have 24 stitches on my needles! I didn’t make a mistake! 

The only thing that I can think as to why I had thought I’d made a mistake and left off a couple of yarn-overs, is because of having finished those other two scarves and I used 26 stitches for them. I must have been thinking (yes, it was late when this all happened) of that scarf and using 26 stitches for that.  Hmmm, now I need to make sure I rip back to a spot where I would start on a row 1.  And because of this confusion, I now remember the importance of using ‘life lines’ in knitting – so that you don’t have to rip back too far, and you’ll be at a spot in your knitting where you know you left off (such as at a row 1).
Lesson learned – and hopefully remembered for next time.

Surfing:

Since I’ve been away from the land of knitting blogs for some time, I’ve been going back to visit some of the blogs I used to visit often.  I hope to re-establish connections/friendships in the knitting sphere and not stay away so long next time.

I’ve really missed some of these women, their knitting, their daily life stories, etc.  These women gave me motivation and encouragement (even if they didn’t know they did) along the way – both in knitting and life.  I also hope to come across new blogs as well.  I look forward to seeing what patterns are being worked on, and maybe find some new ones that I can work on as well.

Y’all Come Back Now:

I really hope you’ll keep coming back and encouraging me to continue knitting (to not loose motivation), with my other craft/art projects, and just in daily life in general – you know, when times get tough.

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's me... your BFF... we really need a knitting/movie date... hmmm???