Pages

Monday, February 01, 2010

First FO of 2010!

Finally, I finished a knitting project! I just haven't had much of a knitting mojo for awhile, though from time to time I did do some knitting - just not much. 

I started these last week.  The first sock I started but had set aside until Friday. I started and finished the second sock on Saturday.  The pattern I used was the one I've used in the past to make some baby/toddler socks.  It is the Baby to Toddler Sized Socks by Miriam L. Felton (www.mimknits.com).  I LOVE this pattern - it's so easy and quick to knit!

Yarn used: Paton's Kroy
Colourway: I believe it's charcoal or charcoal gray
Needle size: bamboo 2.0 or 2.25 mm (I got the needles when I was in Korea and it says 2, but they seem a smidgen bigger than 2.0)

I have enough yarn left to make at least one more pair of these socks, and maybe a second pair.  However, I set that yarn aside and picked up something more colourful (I believe it's Bernat Sox, but I don't remember offhand) and started on another pair this size.  I'm to the point of decreasing at the toe area, then I'll kitchener stitch them closed and start the second sock.  I might have a chance to even get to it tonight!

I gifted these socks to a friend from church. She and her husband just had their third child - a little boy, born this past Christmas day!  They are a big on him, but that's OK.  She's going to use them over other thinner socks he has to keep his little feet warm. She also asked if I had time if I could knit another pair up for her daughter (she's nearly two).  I made her daughter and oldes son each a pair last year, but she lost one of the socks belonging to her daughter.  I have to find the right size needles before I can start, but I'm hoping to do those this week. 

Well, I think I will head off and work on those other baby socks and/or search for the needles to make the bigger socks while I have some knitting mojo!  Hopefully I'll get them done soon, and when I do, I'll be sure to post pictures.

Happy knitting!

No comments: