Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Two Weeknights With Warrick

On Friday, just moments before the cauldron was light at the 2010 Olympic games in Vancouver, I finished binding off the Two Weeknights With Warrick scarf I had been working on.

This is actually the third scarf I've made from this pattern.  It's super easy and quick to knit.  I was telling a friend of my mom's that I was knitting this scarf, and told her that it's the same pattern I used for Mom's scarf (her friend had previously mentioned that she liked Mom's scarf), and she asked how to make it.  I briefly told her, but I don't know if she'll remember how to make it or not.  So, I figured what I would do is give her the copy I had printed out and used.  I can always get it off Ravelry again if I make another one of these scarves.

I used two skeins of Paton's SWS in the Natural Raisin colourway (yarn I had in my stash); needle size was 4.0 mm.  I'm going to add this to the items I will put on the mitten tree at church next Christmas.

I've also been working, on and off, on another pair of baby/toddler socks and children's socks (pattern links in the previous couple of posts).  I've just started the ribbing on the first of a pair of the baby/toddler ones, and I'm on the foot of the child's socks.  There's no real rush for these, so I'm just knitting a few rows every now and then.  When I'm finished, I'll post pics.

2 comments:

Charity said...

This is looking great! You're so good about planning ahead for your mitten tree, I love that.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I like your scarf too. LOVE the color.