Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Two Colour Infant Hat



I enjoyed making this hat, and it didn't take too long when I sat down and worked at it.  I messed up the bottom pattern, but I think it looks kind of cool anyway.  I'll definitely be making more of these hats in the future (and hopefully get the bottom part of the pattern right)!

I used Patons Astra in Black and School Bus Yellow and size 4mm circs and DPNs.  The pattern I used was from this blog.  I'll be adding this to the items for the mitten tree at church this year.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Very nice Shelley

Shelley said...

Thanks! It was fun to make...even if I did mess up the bottom part, lol!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love the hats. Especially the 2 color. And I don't see any mistake ... must be a design element now.

Shelley said...

Rhonda, the mistake is in the bottom section. It's not supposed to look like that. I confused the two colours on the chart for a bit so I didn't get the proper pattern. I finally figured out that I had switched them around and put them normal so that the rest of the hat turned out to the proper pattern.

I'm just glad it all looks the same in the bottom section...so you're right, it's a design element now ;o) lol.