Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Another Hat


Here is the latest hat I just finished knitting up this afternoon.  I made it with the yarn mentioned in the previous post.  The pattern I used was the Family Rolled Brim Hat, but I just added ribbing instead.  I was making the 18 month size, but I think due to the yarn and needles I used (it did seem a little loose, but nothing too major), it ended up being larger.  I tried it on, and it fits me - though it is a little big on me even.  So, I guess this turned into an adult hat!  I'm going to add it to what I have designated for the mitten tree at church.

Up next will more than likely be another hat - childs/baby hat made with Paton's Astra.  I found a pattern when I got the one I used for this hat, and it's a fair isle type hat.  I have two skeins of the Paton's Astra from when I was going to do a different hat earlier on this year, so I think I'll use this new pattern I printed out and see how it turns out.  Since I have the right yarn, this hat should work out to the right size!  I also want to start some mittens.  I was out the other day and the temperature was just right for a pair of mittens (not too cold, but cold enough that I wanted something on my hands).  Of course, the mittens I'll make will also be donated to the mitten tree and will be a child's size.  I just need to get them made!  I want to have some mittens to put on the tree, and not just hats and a couple of scarves!

Well, off to do some more knitting (and maybe work on editing some photos for my photography blog)

No comments: