Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New Group Joined

Well, as you all know, I am a joiner. Just the other day, I joined the 25 Things for Charity group blog. If you are interested in joining, this is an ongoing project and the idea is to knit 25 items for charity by the end of the year. You can knit any item for any charity you choose.


So far I have done up the latest pair of children's socks (see two posts down) to go for the Mitten Tree at church (items on this are donated to a couple of different organizations). I also have the two pair of baby socks and the Branching Out scarf that I finished after last year's Mitten Tree, but before the new year began (I can't count those in the 25 items). I also have those mittens I knit in January to add to this.

If you are interested in joining, just click on the above link to go to their blog and get the email address to join.


Secret Pal 10 starts, officially, on Thursday! I'm excited - I've not taken part in a secret pal exchange before and I'm a little anxious to find out who my pal will be. We should find out tonight who we will have as a pal. Just to let whomever gets my name (and the hostesses) know, I have a link on my sidebar to my questionnaire under the appropriate title of, Secret Pal 10...how original is that title?! LOL!


Still no picture of my Noro scarf - should be within a few days though. One thing I can tell you, it is mighty colourful!


Guess who's been feeling a little sad about not having her picture shown on the blog in awhile...yup, little miss Tinker Belle. Here she is lying on her back on the stairs; she had been sleeping like that until I cam along to take the pic. Not a very dignifying pose is it? And pay no attention to the old ugly brown carpet...we really need to update that.

5 comments:

HDW said...

I am sooooo excited abotu SP10 too!!! I just got my assigned secret pal!!! WOOHOO!!! Now off to do some nosing!!! Hope you are as thrilled with yours as I am with mine!!!!!!!

monica said...

I belong to the 25 things for charity too. I am hoping it will keep my knitting more balanced as it is really important to me to knit for others less fortunate. The name on my Fleece Artist was written in my hand, so I don't know if the place she bought it names them or if they are named by the yarn company.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! 25 things in a year...that's about 2 per month...that's quite ambitious! I'm not sure I'd ever get anything else knit -- that's part of the problem with being a bit on the slow side, knitting-wise. I'll be cheering you on, though!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Rachel...that's why you knit small items, like children's things or hats, scarves, socks...doesn't take as long ;o)

elizabeth said...

Oh I dearly LOVE this cat picture! There really are few things as satisfying as a kitty belly. :)

I am very intrigued by the 25 Things group and get teased often about being a joiner. Don't be surprised to see my name there. ;) But really, I do agree about trying to keep my knitting balanced between my wants and doing for others. And chemo caps work up very quickly. Hmmm....