Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

New Book

I went shopping with an old friend from high school on Friday; hadn't seen or talked to her since probably last fall. Anyway, look what I got at the bookstore:

I've only had a real chance to glance through it somewhat, but have decided on a couple of patterns to make so far. I haven't started anything yet though. I like the way the book is set up, though I am used to the coloured pictures being beside (or a page before) the pattern. In this book, all of the coloured pics are in the middle of the book. On each page with the patterns, there is a picture of the item, though it looks to be drawn (it gives the page number where you can find the colour pic though). Interesting.

In other news, I finally finished the Noro scarf I have been slowly working on. I didn't use up all of the second skein because I didn't think I'd have enough to complete one more triangle. I know I'd have enough to get at least half way across, but that wouldn't be good. So, I decided to stop where I was and add some fringe to the ends. Originally I wasn't going to use fringe, but I didn't want to waste the rest of the Noro (I didn't use quite all of it though). Right now it is blocking, and hopefully that will add a bit of length and width to it. The last scarf I blocked didn't really get stretched, and I wonder if I'm not doing something right. Well, I'll see with this one, and if it isn't stretched enough to my liking, I suppose it can always be blocked again, right? I'll post a photo of it when it's dry.

My classes start back up again tomorrow (after March break), so I am going to head off now and do some reading for my history term paper that is due in a few weeks, and maybe get a couple of paragrphs of the paper written. I've also got to practice the flute for my lesson tonight, and hopefully I'll get a little chance to knit some more today.

Happy knitting!

5 comments:

Charity said...

I love this book, too! I really like knitting up "one skein" kind of items, it's so gratifying!

Can't wait to see the scarf :0)

monica said...

Can't wait to see the scarf. I like that book too.

Karen said...

I'm like everyone else, I can't wait to see your scarf! That book has some nice patterns in it, and some of them are socks.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how great! This book is very high up on my "Have to buy" list - there's a couple of awesome projects in it that I'm sure you're going to love! Enjoy!
I can't wait to see pics of your Noro scarf!

Rachel said...

Oh, I just love getting new knitting inspiration! I hope you like your new book!