Well, I finally decided to take part in one of the Secret Pal exchanges that I have been seeing take place all over blogland. It sounds great, and I can't wait to take part (this will be the first one that I've taken part in). Hope they will have a button to put in the sidebar!
Here are the answers to the questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I have developed a fondness for Opal sock yarn. Other than that anything is fine. I would like to try Koigu, Lorna's Laces and some of the other popular sock yarns. I'm not overly fond of acrylic anymore, or the novelty type yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now I don't have anything to store them in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have really only been knitting (pretty much self-taught) for about six years now. I consider myself to be probably in the intermediate range (though beginner in lace and Fair Isle)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, and the link is on my sideba. I also have a little Knit Picks list started as well
5. What's your favorite scent? Fruity scents. I am allergic to strong flowery scented things like purfumes, lotions, etc. However, anything that has a fruity smell is fine
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh yes, I have a sweet tooth...pretty much any sweets, especially milk chocolate (don't like dark chocolate or white chocolate). I also like sour candies.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I like to make cards, use rubber stamps, some scrapbooking. I don't spin, but I want to learn using a drop spindle (I'm going to sign up to take a 'how to' class on this in April. I also enjoy writing novels/short stories
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen mostly to Christian contemporary and worship/praise music. I have a Sony MP3 player, and a CD player, but I don't play music on my computer
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Favourite is purple (any shade), least favourite is browns/rusts (any shade)...I pretty much like most colours though. I'm trying to expand my colour selections from the purple shades (though those are always welcome)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm single and have a cat named Tinker Belle
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I do not wear hats (fine hair and hats create too much staic and leaves my hair standing on end), or ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit socks, mittens, and scarves, as well as baby/toddler items
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks and mittens (and a couple scarf WIPs)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like all needles and use bamboo, aluminum and plastic (not overly keen on the plastic though)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? no to both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? ummm...a year or two I think
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? angel and cat items
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? The knitting books are listed on my Amazon & Knit Picks lists on the sidebar; I'd love to try Koigu, Lorna's Laces, Cherry Tree Hill, Socks That Rock, Opal and a lot of the popular sock yarns being seen and used in blogland. No particular pattern that I'm dying to get my hands on, but would like more sock patterns, mitten patterns, scarf patterns, lace patterns (new to this), Fair Isle mitten/hats/scarves patterns. I don't have any subscriptions to knitting magazines but love any that I can get my hands on
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair Isle, more lace, knitting 2 socks at once (I have a DVD for this but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet), drop spindle spinning
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I am a sock knitter; I take a size 8 - 8 1/2 US shoe (foot is about 9 1/2 inches long - wow, that's big! and 9 1/2 around the widest part of the foot). I don't like knee socks, just "crew" socks that go about 5 inces or so above the ankle bone)
23. When is your birthday? January 20