Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2007

International Scarf Exchange

Sign-ups are taking place for the International Scarf Exchange. They are only allowing, I think, 200 entrants, so if you want to take part, hurry over to the ISE blog and sign up. The email I got from them today said they are about 1/3 of the way. I think you have until the end of the month to sign up, and exchange parterns will be assigned March 15th (I think, but you can find out this info for sure on their blog).

This is my first scarf exchange - or really any exchange, and I'm a little excited about taking part. I've read on many blogs in the past about this exchange (and others), and most everyone has enjoyed it. I already have a couple of patterns in mind that I am thinking of doing - well, I'll choose between those two and make one for the person I make one for.

In other news, I'm still plugging away at my Falling In Love socks and am about finished the first one. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to get the second one done by the end of the month, and they won't qualify for February's Socktopia entry. The only way I can get done in time is if I end up with everything finished schoolwise and knit for like 8 hours straight for a couple of days...or something like that.

The Noro scarf is coming along slowly as well. The colours are starting to grow on me, though I'm still not overly fond of the rust shades...I'm nearly finished the first ball and have the second to do. I don't think I'll be adding fringe to it because I probably won't have enough yarn left over. I'll just knit until I run out of yarn, then block it.

No pics of either the scarf or the socks this time, but hopefully I'll get some taken soon to show you the progress on the sock - probably when I get it finished and try it on to see how it fits! Hope to have some pic soon, and when I do I'll post them; until then, happy knitting!

5 comments:

lexa said...

Hopefully everything will fall into place and you'll finish your socks by Wednesday night!

Charity said...

I joined the ISE, too. I was part of the last one, and really enjoyed it. :0)

I hope your socks finish up super fast, and surprise you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling us about the International Scarf Exchange - I'm thinking about joining too, sounds so very exciting and fun!
Good luck with finishing your socks!

Anonymous said...

Good luckwiht finishing the socks. HOpe they fit. And would love to see pics of your Noro scarf too. I love Noro and have quite a bit of it in my stash.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up about the scarf exchnage! I'm so tempted to join, but I also know that with so much coming up, I'd probably flake out and then I'd feel bad.

Can't wait to see updated pics of the scarf! You've flung a cravin' for Noro on me!