Pages

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Canada Day, Friday Feast, Frapper


Happy 139th Birthday Canada!!

Yes, today is Canada Day and many celebrations are taking place across this great nation. For those who don't know what Canada Day is, it's our birthday - this great nation consisting of 10 provinces and 2 territories (though Northwest Territories divided up and there is another 'territory' I guess you would call it. It's called...ummm, I don't know how to spell or pronounce it but it starts with the letter "I". You could always do a search in Google if ya want to find out ;o). Canada Day is our 'version' of the American's 4th of July.

I have started taking part in the Friday's Feast meme that was created some time ago - 100 weeks/feasts ago to be exact. If you are interested in mine, feel free to check out my writing blog, Ink Scrawls, to read my answers. I've taken part in two of these feasts so far (there is only one post separating them - I don't have much on that blog yet, nor do I get much traffic. How sad for me!), so please take pity and leave a comment hehehe.

I've also added a link on the sidebar to my Frapper (which stands for Friends Mapper or something like that). Lots of people have those on their blogs, and I had it on my Confirm The Work of Our Hands blog for awhile. Only 15 people (including myself) are listed so far...take pity on me and add your marker with your name and a little message :o). I have been trying to figure out how to create a separate map for each of my blogs, but I couldn't; so I decided to put the link to the same map on all.

I hope you are all having a "knittacular" weekend! I'm going to try to get some work done on the socks and hopefully do some crocheting on the little sweater for the woman at work. Happy knitting!

4 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

happy b-day canada! and that friday feast thing looks like a great KAL to join... what fun :)

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Happy Canada Day!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Shelly in OK

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Happy birthday Canada! I'm celebrating thru the 4th ... with fireworks from the US!!

Lynda said...

Happy Belated Canada Day from me, too! I've been away a few days, celebrating also!