I finally finished the pair of children's socks that I have been working on. It's gone slower than normal because I've been working on papers for school. I like the way these ones turned out, the colours are so cute for kids I think. Tinker Belle decided the picture wouldn't be complete unless she made her appearance again!
Pattern: simple basic one taken off the Bernat Hot Sox wrapper previously used in the other two children's socks I made for my nephew.
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks (75% washable wool, 25% nylon)
Colour: Crayon Jacquard
Needles: 3.25 mm aluminum dpn's
Here is a close up of them as well: They definately look like little boys socks! I am thinking that if I use this yarn in a pair of adult size socks the stripes will probably not be as thick.
I just noticed that they aren't quick matching up...they're a little fraternal. I guess on the second one I started with a little more blue than I had on the first one...oh well, they're close!
I haven't completed my red feathers and fan socks yet, but I'm still plugging away at them. I'm about to start the heel of the first one. So far I am liking the way they look! I am enjoying the pattern Sharon! I think they are taking me longer because I'm not used to the smaller size needle...that and they are adult size and not children's size like I'm used to LOL! I do like the pattern though, and like you said, its a simple repeat all the way through. I can't wait to see them completed! I hope to get them done before the end of March so that they will qualify for Project Spectrum.
I must head out now and get ready for school. I'm going in early to get some work done on my paper that is due on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to this one because I'm just not used to the psychology type classes and how these papers are done (they are different to the Chicago-Turabian form that I'm used to). But, at least I have my best friend Kristina helping me!