|Close up of some of the plied yarn|
Since I didn't have my ball winder with me last week when I went to stay with Mom, I couldn't finish plying the rest of the yarn. I had taken some wool top with me to spin just in case I had time for it (which I did).
I don't know what kind of wool it is, nor do I know how much many ounces there were (or even a colourway). The tag around the wool top didn't say much of anything. I don't mind though.
I was able to get more consistency this time, though there are still a few fat areas that didn't get spun as small as the rest. All in all, I like the job I did with this much better.
|Close up of the most recent spinning|
I think I'm starting to get the hang of spinning...
I don't know how much yarn I ended up with, but it doesn't seem like a whole lot. I don't think I'm going to ply this as I would end up with less than what is showing, and maybe not have enough to knit anything with. I don't know if I have enough to knit anything with this either, but I'll see what happens in the future when I knit it up.
I've got some of the same wool top in blues that I will spin next. Hopefully, I will get this blue spun up quickly. I found some pink roving that I won a few years back through a contest on a knitting/spinning blog (I don't know which one now, but I'm sure I have it listed in a post from whenever it was), and I will spin that after the blues. Whenever that is completed, I will have to get more roving as I won't have any more.
Off to wind the pink/purple yarn into a centre pull ball!