Pages

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Things I Want To Make

I want to make thrummed mittens! I have thought about this type of mitten for a long while, and never felt like I'd be able to make them. Well, after surfing the web and Ravelry, and finding patterns and lots of pics of these mittens, I've decided to make some in the future - like maybe this fall.

I need to wait until I start working again (supply teaching) to get some money as I need to get roving for them. I have one day of teaching booked so far - the second day of school! From what I've been told in the past, the first few weeks of school are pretty slow for supply teachers...not much work. Hopefully I'll get more soon as I am getting low in funds!

Inside of thrummed mitten





Both of the photos on this post were taken from this Ravelry link from the Yarn Harlot. Stephanie's pattern for these cool...or should I say warm...mittens can be found on her blog (scroll down for the pattern).


I will be knitting up some mittens soon, possibly for myself, but we'll see. I'll be doing Newfoundland Mitts by Creative Whimsy. I've go the yarn ready and waiting, now just need to cast on - hopefully later today!

No comments: