Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Been A Long Time

Wow, has it ever been a long time since I've been on my knitting blog!

I lost my knitting mojo for such a long time. I would pick it up and try to knit, but was lucky if I'd get a couple of rows/rounds on a project...even the small, instant gratification type projects. Then, I ended up with sciatic problems and it got quite bad. I ended up pretty much only being able to be pain free by lying down - sitting and standing, and for a little while, even walking, hurt.

In early July, it finally got so bad (after being to the doctor twice and waiting for an MRI and to be referred to an orthopedic surgeon). I couldn't move without having excruciating pain, so had to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital. They gave me three injections (vallium, a liquid form of ibuprofen/pain releiver, and a muscle relaxer), and within half an hour I was able to move around. I also had prescriptions for some some meds to take at home to help - pretty much the same things as the injections (except the vallium), only in pill form. I'm fine now and don't have any pain - though sometimes a little stiffness and can feel the muscles tensing up at times.

The last few days I have felt my knitting mojo slowly coming back. I haven't pick up any of my projects yet, but I've got some baby/toddler socks (like the ones in the previous post) beside me today that I'll work on today. I've still got plenty of WIPs waiting in the wings as well.

Hopefully I'll get something done and photographed to post on here again soon.

No comments: