Pages

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a safe and fun-filled New Year's Eve last night. I got to spend the evening with Richard Dean Anderson (sigh)...mind you he was on the screen of my laptop while I enjoyed viewing him on Stargate SG-1! I also did a little knitting while watching the DVD.

Well, I had wanted to get my mittens finished before midnight, you know, so I could add them to my list of completed items for 2008. However, such was not the case. I did get a lot of the second one done last night, though. I'm not overly satisfied with the way I chose to close the top though (Kitchener Stitch). I should have just pulled the yarn through like the pattern called for. However, I didn't particularly want them coming to a point either. Also, somehow one mitten is a little roomier than the other. I think I must have knit it with a looser stitch...
The pattern I used was Mittens for Children & Adults (pattern #NN106) from Sandy's Needle Nook. I made the Ladies size using Briggs & Little Heritage yarn, and 4.0mm DPNs.

I got up today and found it was storming. It started through the night (the snow started up around 9:00 or 10:00 pm) and it continues as I type. It's definitely a good day to stay in, wrap up and keep warm and do some reading and/or knitting - or watching RDA some more ;o).

So, this morning I finished off the second mitten and had my mom pose for them outside. She wanted to get the front walk shovelled off, and I offered to do it but she declined. She didn't want me to hurt my back again. However, she's not as young as she used to be so if it's too heavy, I don't let her do it (even if it means putting out my back again). She said if she got too tired that she would stop and have me finish it. Thankfully, the entire walk wasn't drifted in. Towards the driveway, there was little to no snow; it all seemed to be mostly around the front step area.

I finished work on Monday and have the rest of the week to myself. I started on another Tube Scarf (see the previous post) while at work, but haven't worked on it since. I may pick it up later on and work on it, or I might start something new. Maybe I'll see if I can find a nice scarf pattern on Ravelry to use with my Malabrigo my SP13 spoiler gave me! I can't wait to knit that up - the colours are soooo pretty, and the yarn is so soft!

Well, just wanted to give a quick little update. I wish you all the best for 2009, with

2 comments:

lexa said...

Happy New Year!

Montreal Mama said...

Those mittens are super cute. I think something's messed up with Bloglines, it's showing me that your Jan 1st post is now published, and it's Feb 9th!

Happy be-lated New Year!