The questionnaire is up for SP13 and thought I'd post my answers. I'll have to get back to this again soon and update some things. For the most part, my answers are below...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like most yarns, though I don't care for acrylics at all. Even though my current WIP (or one of them) is in acrylic, I don't particularly like working with them. I've become a yarn snob!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a small needle holder for DPNs.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting pretty much since 2001/2002. I learned to do the knit and purl stitch as a young child in brownies, but that was all. I eventually taught myself to knit with a bit of help from a friend. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a Loopy Ewe wish list on the side bar.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Love fruit flavour scents. I am allergic to many flowery type scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I definitely have a sweet tooth! I love milk chocolate (don't care for dark or white) and I love Swedish Berries and most things chocolate or sweet, sour patch kids.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I can crochet, I am into making cards and I can spin a little, though I haven't worked on it in a year (couldn't fit it in my suitcase when I went to Korea for a year, and haven't had the opportunity to work on it since coming back). I have a drop spindle, and not a wheel.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I mostly listen to Christian/Worship music. My computer can play mp3 (I think) and I do have an mp3 player.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Fav colour is purple but I also like blues, greens, varigated, pastels, jewel tones. Don't care for browns, rusts, neon colours, not too fond of orange (though some mixed in with other colours is nice sometimes).
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single (waahhh!) and I have a cat named Tinker Belle.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, mittens, gloves...no hats (my hair if fine and gets extremely staticy in winter) and no ponchos. I do like to knit hats though.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks, baby items, hats, scarves
13. What are you knitting right now?
a scarf, socks, baby sweater (Get Ziggy to be exact)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like both straight and circular, though I prefer circular for hats. I like bamboo, aluminum...not plastic though. I do have a couple pairs of plastic needles and they are ok, but not my favourites to use.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a newly purchased yarn winder (no swift though).
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
gosh...I'm not sure...maybe a year and a half to two years?
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Fav. holiday is Christmas, followed by my birthday (see below), and I observe Christmas. Not sure what other winter holidays are out there...lol
19. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn (of course, lol), cats
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
No subscriptions to any magazines, though I love many of them (not too fussy with the magazines). Many books, yarns, needles, patterns I'm yearning for. Keep checking back and I'll try to update this a little more. There are so many new yarns out there that I'd like (see my Loopy Ewe wish list in the side bar), Malabrigo sounds great and I'd like to try that, as well as STR. Patterns...again, so many to choose from!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Always wanting to learn new techniques. I want to learn to knit socks on 2 circs at the same time. I have a DVD that shows how...just need to sit down and watch it!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Definitely a sock knitter. I have a US size 8 foot (well, two of them actually, lol).
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, I'm on Ravelry. My ID is Tabby2004 (at least I think that's what it is...that's what I use to sign on with. Hmm...feeling quite computer illiterate right about now...think I must have lost some brain cells along the way...hehehe.
So, Secret Pal, if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! Looking forward to getting to know you!