I'm just a beginner spinner (and apparent poet). I have far to go with my spinning. I still get thin and thick sections and wonder if I'm doing it right.
So, as I was spinning today, the roving came apart (probably because I pulled it too thin) and had difficulty attaching a new piece. I ended up pulling pieces off as I attempted to reattach and grew frustrated. I decided that I would wind what I had done onto a toilet paper roll and start again. As I was doing this (picture on the right), I came across pieces that would do this as I was transferring:
I think I am doing something wrong. This appears to be too tight. I don't know if I didn't let it spin enough before winding it onto the spindle, or what. I thought I had it fine, but apparently not.
Now, to figure out how to eliminate this in future spinning (if it needs to be eliminated, which I think it does)...