Finally I have finished the wrist warmers I have been working on. I woke up earlier than I wanted to this morning so I decidedI would finish this project. It's been getting chillier in the school and my hands have been cold. After making the second one (which is really the first of this pair), I discovered that I had made it using my adjustments from the first one I had made. This made the second (which is really the first of the pair) one a little bigger than the first - that is, it went up further on my had and the cuff was lower down my arm as well. So, this resulted in the need to make the second (which is really the third) of the wrist warmers so that they would match. And I did. I had hoped to have them done earlier in the week, but I had been tired after work and busy on some occasions so I didn't get them done as quickly as I had hoped. Since I want them for work, and tomorrow is the start of a new work week, I decided to just sit and knit this morning for a few hours.
These went really quickly once I actually sat down and worked on them. They are rather plain - just some ribbing and stocking stitch, but I'm sure they will serve their purpose. I plan on making some more of these (maybe as gifts or for the mitten tree for next year - when I get back from Korea...which reminds me that I need to have my parents or someone take the stuff I did this year down to the church in a couple of weeks for me so it can go on the tree...but that's a whole other story). If my co-teachers express an interest in them, I just might make them some as well. I'd like to try to create my own pattern for them - like a cute cable design or something like that. I don't know how successful I'd be though, but I might at least try. If I don't like the looks of them, then I'll just stick to the gorgeous patterns others have created.
So, now that I have the wrist warmers completed, I can get back to work on my Yukon Leaves socks. I have done any work on them since starting the wrist warmers. I did, however, find the crochet hook I brought with me. It's a little bigger than I thought it was, but I don't think it's too big that I can't use it. So, all I need to do is is bring those stitches up ten or eleven rows and I can continue with the knitting. I have probably half way finished the foot on the first sock, maybe just a little under half way. I think I should have enough yarn for it, but I won't know for sure. I do hope I have enough. I made the leg about an inch or so shorter than I usually do because I didn't want to run out of yarn. I should have done a toe-up sock like people suggest to do when you are afraid you might not have enough yarn; then you can knit until you run out. Anyway, I'm hoping it will all work out. Not sure when I'll get up to Insa-dong to get another skein of the yarn if I do run out.
I'm also still working on untangling the Fleece Artist yarn spaghetti. I've got a lot of it done, but haven't been working on that lately either. I'm anxious to start Monica's Dancing Tulips pattern with that yarn.
I also ordered some Lorna's Laces yarn and another of Monica's patterns not long ago. I'm expecting that to come in this week - hopefully tomorrow. When I get it I will take a picture and post so you can see what I got.
Better head off now and do some laundry so I have something to wear this week. It takes so long for things to dry here (there are no dryers) so I need to make sure it's washed enough in advance so I will have clean clothes to wear by the time I need them. Also have to do this week's lesson plan as well...but I think I will do a little more knitting first (while the laundry is running - which takes about an hour for one load...). Happy knitting!