I made it with Lion Brand Suede (it's 100% polyester - but no polyesters were killed or injured in the making of the hat). I used size 5.5 mm needles and follwed the pattern from Knit It! which was displayed until April - didn't say which issue it was though, other than when to display it until.
The hat is called "Cloche Topper" and has a "flower" type thingy on the side. I didn't like the "flower", so I decided not to make it. The hat is looking kind of squarish - but that's because I have it hanging over the square post at the top of the stairs on the back deck. The colour is teal, but it looks a little bluer in this picture.
I ended up casting on a tad bit too tight and I think when I drew the end piece through the last few stitches before sewing up the seam, I pulled that a bit too tight. Other than that though it looks fine. Here is a close up of the stitches:
I will make this pattern again, but I might try it on 4.5 mm needles (the pattern calls for that but mine were in use so I used the 5.5 mm that the yarn wrapper calls for). Also, the needles I used were some "cheapish" plastic ones and I think if I had used aluminum needles it might have been a little better.