Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

While Visiting My Mom


 Over the weekend I managed to finish up the spinning I had been working on - well, at least the first spin.

I did get more consistent as I went, which I know will come with practice.  It's still not as nice as I would like it to be, but overall I think it's OK.  I can't wait to see what it's like after I ply it.

I was working on the spinning a lot while I was visiting my mom in the hospital.  I had some of the nurses and a couple of my mom's room mates ask what I was doing, and even had some comments on how much it looked like cotton candy.  I agreed. It's probably a good thing it isn't cotton candy, though. I'd probably have it all eaten up before it got anywhere close to spinning...

What you see behind the spindle is Northern Lights Wool Top, dyed.  It doesn't have a colour listed on it, but I thought it looked pretty.  That's what I plan on trying to spin next.

To the right, and below, is the newest knitting project I've begun, also while visiting my mom in the hospital.  I only  have about three repeats of the pattern completed so far.

The pattern is the Twisted Rib Neckwarmer, (super easy, btw) which I got free when I purchased the yarn (Clara by Manos Del Uruguay in the 5 Sandia colourway).  This yarn is a single ply, a merino superwash, and is so soft!  I am enjoying working with it so far.  I can't wait to see this pattern completely finished as I think it will be lovely in this colourway.

So, that's what I've been working on lately.  What projects have you been working on? Have you used the Clara yarn by Manos Del Uruguay before, and if so, what did you think of it?  Would love to see links to pictures of your completed projects using this yarn (or this pattern).

Happy knitting!

No comments: