Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Definitely Not An Expert

I'm just a beginner spinner (and apparent poet).  I have far to go with my spinning.  I still get thin and thick sections and wonder if I'm doing it right.

So, as I was spinning today, the roving came apart (probably because I pulled it too thin) and had difficulty attaching a new piece.  I ended up pulling pieces off as I attempted to reattach and grew frustrated.  I decided that I would wind what I had done onto a toilet paper roll and start again.  As I was doing this (picture on the right), I came across pieces that would do this as I was transferring:

I think I am doing something wrong.  This appears to be too tight.  I don't know if I didn't let it spin enough before winding it onto the spindle, or what.  I thought I had it fine, but apparently not.

Now, to figure out how to eliminate this in future spinning (if it needs to be eliminated, which I think it does)...

No comments: