Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Weekend Spinning Project

Weekend spinning
This weekend I did some practice spinning.  Since I still struggled to attach new fibre to the old, I decided to remove what I had spun in the past (the stuff on the toilet paper roll) and start again.

I certainly will need more practice to get it the same thinness as I had before.  As you can see, what I did on the weekend is thicker...but as I said, I need practice again.

While I was spinning, I remembered how I had enjoyed it when I had started a few years ago.  I enjoyed it again this weekend and will continue working on my spinning.  I did wonder, however, if spinning on a wheel is easier or more difficult than a drop spindle.  At some point in the future I would like to try a spinning wheel; I'd need some lessons for that though.  And that won't be for awhile probably.

Until then, I will continue practising and using my drop spindle.

Have you ever tried spinning? What is your experience with drop spindles vs. spinning wheels?  Let me know in the comment section. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: