Pages

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Update on Spinning


Spinning as of June 7, 2015
This weekend I was able to do a little more spinning.  I'm still not getting a consistent thickness, but I think it's getting better.

One question I came up with on the weekend, while spinning, was: "How much fibre do you put on the spindle before taking it off?"  I've seen some spindles with what looks like a lot more than I have on mine, and I've seen some with less.  I suppose that is something I will have to research to find out so that I'll be "in the know" :).

I'm ready for my close up...
I've been quite busy lately with something else on the go.  I don't want to post about it now, but if all works out positively, then I will!  That being said, I haven't really had any time to do any knitting.  I should start back up and do little bits here and there.  The last knitting I worked on was earlier this year and it didn't get finished.  Maybe I should work on that...though it's not at home now, but at my Mom's house so I would only be able to work on it the next time I'm there (in a couple of weeks).  I do have a hat I was working on last winter that I could finish.  I needed to find my DPNs so that I could finish it and I had misplaced them at the time.  I did find them again, but never finished the hat.  I also have a few scarves I need to block, which would finish up those projects.

Anyway, there is lots to do in the knitting/spinning realm for me.  I just need to reassign some time to work on it again.  How is your knitting coming along? Let me know what you're working on in the comments.  Would love to hear from you!

No comments: