Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Larch

The beginning of the Larch Scarflet
Almost two weeks ago I began knitting a scarflet called Larch.  The link to my project page with this pattern can be found here.

The pattern starts off with just knitting and a few yarn overs and then moves onto the lacy part.  I don't have much left to do of this section and soon I'll start the lace.

The yarn I'm using is Amitola by Louisa Harding.  It's the first time I've knit with this yarn, and so far I like it.  I am surprised with the colour change, though. I bought two balls of this because it was pink and purple and I thought that was what the whole thing would be.  However, there is also a reddish shade, brown and orange/rust.  They aren't normally colours I would gravitate toward, but are nice to knit with for autumn/fall.

Most recent photo of Larch. It's actually bigger now
As I mentioned below the picture to the right, the scarflet is bigger now than in the photo (I need to take another picture of it soon).  I am back to knitting the pink and purple section of the yarn again.  I'm curious to see what the final product looks like with all the colours knit together.  I don't think I would think to put all of these colours together, but it must be fine since this yarn was dyed with them.

So far, I am enjoying the Larch pattern. It's a mindless knit (at this point) that I can work on in front of the TV.  I've glanced at the lace chart a bit and right now I don't know if it's something I'd be able to do in front of the TV.  We'll see, though.

Other than Larch, I don't have any other knitting on the go - yet.  I've been thinking about starting some socks (whether they are toddler/kid sized or something for me I don't know just yet) as I've come across some of my sock yarn and I've been seeing lots of gorgeous socks and sock yarns on Instagram, and it's got me in the sock knitting mood!

I'll keep you updated on Larch, and whether or not I start some socks.  Until then, happy knitting!

No comments: